This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.1648 / 52°9'53"N
Longitude: -3.3478 / 3°20'52"W
OS Eastings: 307906
OS Northings: 252689
OS Grid: SO079526
Mapcode National: GBR YR.5L7M
Mapcode Global: VH69T.XVHC
Entry Name: Maesbryncoch
Listing Date: 18 February 2005
Last Amended: 18 February 2005
Source ID: 83714
Location: Reached along a track running SW from the junction with A481 diagonally opposite Hope Chapel. The side track to Maesbryncoch runs SE from a point midway between Neuadd fach and Tremaen.
Traditional County: Radnorshire
Built in the late C18 or early C19 and shown on the 1843 Tithe map. The small attached stable was converted to domestic accommodation in the late C20.
A 2-storey 3-window house of rubble stone, slate roof and square brick stack to the L. Openings are offset to the R of centre. The central boarded door, incorporating a glazed panel, has brick jambs and segmental head. Windows are replacement 2-light wood-framed casements in original openings with added brick sills, with the exception of an enlarged window lower L which has a brick segmental head. The window to the lower R has a wooden lintel. Upper-storey windows are beneath the eaves.
In line to the R is a weatherboarded former stable converted to domestic use. The rear of the cottage has one inserted window.
Listed for its special architectural interest as a farmhouse retaining definite C19 character in the vernacular tradition, a type once common in the region but now rarely well preserved.
Other nearby listed buildings