This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.1666 / 52°9'59"N
Longitude: -3.3475 / 3°20'50"W
OS Eastings: 307935
OS Northings: 252891
OS Grid: SO079528
Mapcode National: GBR YR.5L94
Mapcode Global: VH69T.XSPZ
Entry Name: Neuadd Fach, including attached farm building
Listing Date: 18 February 2005
Last Amended: 18 February 2005
Source ID: 83722
Location: Reached along a track running SW from the junction with A481 diagonally opposite Hope Chapel. A short section of trackway leads S into the farmyard at Neuadd Fach.
Traditional County: Radnorshire
A late medieval cruck-framed house rebuilt in stone in the C17.
A single-unit 1½-storey cottage of rubble stone, steep corrugated iron roof and tall stone stack to the R. Openings have wooden lintels. On the L side is a ribbed boarded door, to the R of which is an enlarged window. Above is a small 2-light raked roof dormer on the L side. The R gable end has a small-pane attic window on the L side. Behind is a weatherboarded outshut.
Against the L (downhill) end is a lower stable, also of rubble stone, with a steep corrugated iron roof. It has a central boarded door. In the L gable end a boarded door on the L side and a weatherboarded gable with boarded door.
Listed for its special architectural interest as a well-preserved small C17 farmstead with earlier origins, a type once common in the region but now rarely well preserved, forming a strong group with the barn.
Other nearby listed buildings