This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.3039 / 52°18'13"N
Longitude: -3.4487 / 3°26'55"W
OS Eastings: 301317
OS Northings: 268293
OS Grid: SO013682
Mapcode National: GBR 9L.WZJN
Mapcode Global: VH696.5CN6
Entry Name: Great Castle Farmhouse
Listing Date: 28 February 2005
Last Amended: 28 February 2005
Source ID: 84123
Location: Reached by farm road on the N side of the A44, approximately 1.3km ENE of Gaufron hamlet.
Traditional County: Radnorshire
An early C19 house shown on the 1840 Tithe map, rebuilt in the late C19.
A 2-storey 3-window house of rubble stone, partly rebuilt in brick to the front, slate roof with stone stack to the L and blue-brick stack to the R. The central boarded door has an overlight. Windows are small-pane horned sashes, under segmental heads in the lower storey and beneath the eaves in the upper storey. A lean-to has been added to the rear.
Listed for its special architectural interest as a farmhouse retaining definite early C19 character and detail.
Other nearby listed buildings