This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.2939 / 52°17'37"N
Longitude: -3.4051 / 3°24'18"W
OS Eastings: 304265
OS Northings: 267122
OS Grid: SO042671
Mapcode National: GBR 9N.XQ8Y
Mapcode Global: VH696.XLPW
Entry Name: Multi-purpose L-plan farm range at Bwlch Mawr Farm
Listing Date: 28 February 2005
Last Amended: 28 February 2005
Source ID: 84133
Location: On the W side of the old house.
Traditional County: Radnorshire
A mid C19 farm range first shown on the 1889 Ordnance Survey.
An L-shaped farm range comprising a cow house on the W side, barn and stable on the N side, of rubble stone with slate roof. Openings are under flat arches with hammer-dressed voussoirs. The cow house has 7 doorways, 2 of which are infilled, 2 with inserted metal-framed windows, one with metal door and 2 with split boarded doors at the R end, and 2 loft openings with inserted metal-framed windows. Ventilation strips are between the 3 L-hand doorways. The barn has full-height sliding metal doors, flanked by 3 tiers of ventilation strips. A stable doorway is the L (W) end. The gable end has 4 tiers of ventilation strips and a triangular breather in the gable. The rear has full-height boarded doors and 3 tiers of ventilation strips. A modern shed is behind the cow house.
The cow house has 4 manure-pitching holes in its rear wall, with wooden shutters. Roofs have king-post trusses with diagonal struts.
Listed for its special architectural interest as a mid C19 farm range of definite quality and character forming a strong group with the old house.
Other nearby listed buildings