This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.3474 / 52°20'50"N
Longitude: -3.8274 / 3°49'38"W
OS Eastings: 275620
OS Northings: 273722
OS Grid: SN756737
Mapcode National: GBR 93.T88Z
Mapcode Global: VH4FW.L8Z9
Entry Name: Cae'r meirch
Listing Date: 16 March 2005
Last Amended: 16 March 2005
Source ID: 84251
Building Class: Domestic
Location: In a remote location just N of the B4574 and some 1.25km W of Eglwys Newydd church.
Town: Ystrad Meurig
Traditional County: Cardiganshire
Farmhouse, early C19, part of Hafod estate, marked on 1847 Tithe map as occupied by William Bray with 329 acres (133 hectares). Disused 2004.
Farmhouse, whitewashed rubble stone with slate roof and end stacks, rendered stone to right, rebuilt in blue brick to left. Two-storey three-window range of horned sashes, 9-pane above, 12-pane below with centre board door. Slate sills, stone voussoirs to ground floor openings, upper ones under eaves. Rendered right end wall, outshut rear.
Lower service range to left with left end chimney. Two storeys, two bays, the right one up against left end of main house. Upper 6-pane sash windows under eaves over 12-pane sash window and door with brick heads. Flush-panelled 6-panel door. Another door to left with timber lintel.
Included as a traditional farmhouse retaining good original character.
Other nearby listed buildings