This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.407 / 52°24'25"N
Longitude: -3.6059 / 3°36'21"W
OS Eastings: 290852
OS Northings: 279992
OS Grid: SN908799
Mapcode National: GBR 9D.PGTP
Mapcode Global: VH5C2.GR1N
Entry Name: No.2
Listing Date: 24 March 2005
Last Amended: 24 March 2005
Source ID: 84282
Location: On the W side of a by-road which runs N towards Llanidloes, and close to the junction with the main A44.
Traditional County: Montgomeryshire
A row of 3 small cottages adjacent to a Wesleyan chapel. They are late C19, but the stone plinth may relate to an earlier terrace; nothing is shown in this location on the Tithe map of 1846. A documentary source refers to a renovation in 1894.
No. 2 is the central one of 3 cottages.
Interior not seen at resurvey.
Listed for the special character of these late C19 cottages, imparted particularly by the polychrome brickwork.
Other nearby listed buildings