This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.9666 / 51°57'59"N
Longitude: -3.2653 / 3°15'54"W
OS Eastings: 313169
OS Northings: 230547
OS Grid: SO131305
Mapcode National: GBR YV.L8P8
Mapcode Global: VH6BV.CT4S
Entry Name: Barn range at Glandwr
Listing Date: 31 March 2005
Last Amended: 31 March 2005
Source ID: 84303
Location: Opposite the farmhouse at Glandwr some 1.5km SE of Tredomen.
Community: Felin-fach (Felin-fâch)
Traditional County: Brecknockshire
Long range of outbuildings opposite Glandwr, an altered C17 house, one of the best outbuilding ranges in the region. Memorial to Thomas Vaughan of Glandwr, died 1792, in Llanfilo church. Marked on 1842 Tithe map as owned by the Hon. Frances Hanley, farmed by Rees Jones, with 275 acres (111.3 hectares).
Outbuilding range, whitewashed rubble stone, with slate roof. Two storeys. Long facade with four catslide dormers with boarded doors, all over first floor openings. From left: a cambered headed stable door between two small windows, with square opening above with thin timber lintel under big catslide dormer. Two doors with timber lintels, the second with long loft opening above, also with thin timber lintel under big catslide dormer. Then broad ground floor opening with timber lintel and double boarded doors. Then three door s with timber lintels and a vent loop to right, these under five broad boarded openings with 4 rubble piers between, the second and fourth openings are immediately under catslide dormers (though dormers are half width of loft openings. Fifth loft opening has no right pier but is immediately against side of full-height double barn doors. Another vent loop to right, but no upper openings.
Included for its historic interest as a particularly well-preserved agricultural range combining several functions including stable and barn.
Other nearby listed buildings