This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.989 / 51°59'20"N
Longitude: -3.3396 / 3°20'22"W
OS Eastings: 308111
OS Northings: 233125
OS Grid: SO081331
Mapcode National: GBR YR.JVMV
Mapcode Global: VH6BT.28CL
Entry Name: Talachddu House including outbuilding range to right
Listing Date: 31 March 2005
Last Amended: 31 March 2005
Source ID: 84328
Building Class: Domestic
Location: In the centre of Talachddu opposite the Church of Saint Mary.
Community: Felin-fach (Felin-fâch)
Traditional County: Brecknockshire
Former rectory of Talachddu, probably later C18 altered in C19. Marked on 1846 Tithe map as occupied by the Rev, J. Bowen Evans.
Former rectory, coursed squared stone, with white lime joints, concrete tiles to roof and stone end stacks. Three storeys, three-window range with centre pedimental gable and string courses. Top floor has outer 9-pane sashes under eaves and centre arched sash, reaching up into gable, with radiating bars in head and stone voussoirs. Sill course. First floor has three 12-pane sashes with stone voussoirs. Ground floor has three early C20 canted bays of 1-3-1 light with small-paned glazing (casements and top-lights), door between centre and right windows, and continuous slate roof over, hipped at ends. Roughcast right end wall.
Added C20 two-storey, one-bay roughcast range to left, with 12-pane sash over door and triple casement. Rear is roughcast, altered in earlier C20, with added one storey and attic rear gabled projection.
Single storey outbuilding to right, painted rubble stone: door to left, then triple casement with stone voussoirs, then large opening with C20 rendered head, then straight joint to added E end with door to front. E end gable has cambered-headed opening each floor, with stone voussoirs, boarded door above, casement pair below.
Interior not inspected.
Included as a substantial late Georgian former rectory, of special architectural quality.
Other nearby listed buildings