This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.5864 / 52°35'10"N
Longitude: -4.0889 / 4°5'20"W
OS Eastings: 258576
OS Northings: 300778
OS Grid: SH585007
Mapcode National: GBR 8R.B3W4
Mapcode Global: WH57C.5852
Entry Name: ,34,High Street,Tywyn,Tywyn,,
Listing Date: 24 June 2005
Last Amended: 24 June 2005
Source ID: 84530
Location: In a block of buildings opposite Bethesda Chapel.
Built-Up Area: Tywyn
Traditional County: Merionethshire
Built in the second half of the C19, part of the expansion of Tywyn following the arrival of the railway in 1863. The house is shown on the 1889 Ordnance Survey.
A late-Georgian-style 3-storey 2-bay house, of rendered front painted grey, and slate roof with shared brick stack to the R. Openings are offset to the L and in the lower and middle storey have smooth-rendered surrounds. The entrance on the L side has a panel door and overlight. In the lower storey is a margin-lit 4-pane sash window. Middle and upper storeys have sill bands, and 4-pane sash windows except for an oriel window on the R side of the middle storey, which has paired 2-pane sash windows. Upper-storey windows are shorter.
The 2-window rear is pebble-dashed, has sash windows and a 2-storey rear wing.
Listed for its special architectural interest as a late-Georgian style town house retaining definite C19 character, and forming part of a strong group with 30-33 High Street.
Other nearby listed buildings