This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 53.2647 / 53°15'52"N
Longitude: -4.0947 / 4°5'41"W
OS Eastings: 260384
OS Northings: 376233
OS Grid: SH603762
Mapcode National: GBR JN82.72V
Mapcode Global: WH542.26DK
Entry Name: ,50,Church Street,Beaumaris,Beaumaris,,
Listing Date: 13 July 2005
Last Amended: 13 July 2005
Source ID: 84738
Location: Fronting the street at the NW end of Church Street, opposite Steeple Lane.
County: Isle of Anglesey
Community: Beaumaris (Biwmares)
Built-Up Area: Beaumaris
Traditional County: Anglesey
Built in the late C19 in place of a small cottage similar to the adjacent No 50 Church Street and No 2 Wexham Street. In 1910 it was a grocery shop.
A 2½-storey 2-window house of pebble-dashed front painted light green, slate roof and pebble-dashed stack to the L. Its entrance on the R side has a replacement panelled door under a plain overlight. To its L is a tripartite 18-pane horned sash window. The upper storey has 12-pane horned sash windows and a cast iron street sign on the R side. In the R gable end is a small-pane horizontal-sliding sash window to the attic on the L side.
Listed for its special architectural interest as a house retaining definite C19 character, and for its contribution to the historical integrity of Church Street and Wexham Street.
Other nearby listed buildings