This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 53.2622 / 53°15'43"N
Longitude: -4.0994 / 4°5'57"W
OS Eastings: 260066
OS Northings: 375964
OS Grid: SH600759
Mapcode National: GBR JN72.JY7
Mapcode Global: WH542.086H
Entry Name: Bridge over Mill Lane on former drive to Baron Hill
Listing Date: 13 July 2005
Last Amended: 13 July 2005
Source ID: 84761
Location: Crossing Mill Lane approximately 130m NW of its junction with Townsend.
County: Isle of Anglesey
Community: Beaumaris (Biwmares)
Built-Up Area: Beaumaris
Traditional County: Anglesey
Probably built in the early C19. It carried the drive to Baron Hill from the coast road built by Lord Bulkeley in 1805. The bridge is shown on the 1829 town plan.
A rubble-stone single-carriageway bridge. It has an elliptical brick arch, flanked by lower, narrower but otherwise similar brick arches now blocked. The parapet has replacement railings over Mill Lane and rubble-stone walls over the abutments. On the L (SW) side of the bridge are later, renewed steps leading from Mill Lane up to the drive.
Listed for its special historic interest as a well-preserved early C19 estate bridge.
Other nearby listed buildings