This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 53.2639 / 53°15'50"N
Longitude: -4.0938 / 4°5'37"W
OS Eastings: 260447
OS Northings: 376147
OS Grid: SH604761
Mapcode National: GBR JN82.7JC
Mapcode Global: WH542.27V4
Entry Name: Wall, gates and gate piers on the E side of Beaumaris churchyard
Listing Date: 13 July 2005
Last Amended: 13 July 2005
Source ID: 84797
Location: On the E side of the churchyard.
County: Isle of Anglesey
Community: Beaumaris (Biwmares)
Built-Up Area: Beaumaris
Traditional County: Anglesey
C19 churchyard wall with C20 modification to accommodate the war memorial, and replacement C20 gates.
A rubble-stone revetment wall with freestone coping and iron railings. In the centre are 2 freestone square piers with moulded caps, which frame a recess housing the war memorial, and between which is a lower wall with concrete coping and modern railings. At each end are square freestone gate piers with pyramidal caps, and with stone steps at the S end. In the double cast iron S gates the lock rail incorporates panels with, in raised letters, 'JER 1938-76'. The double cast iron N gates incorporate 'ARG 1957' in the lock rail.
Listed for its special interest as a C19 wall and gateways that contribute to the setting of the church and to the historical integrity of Church Street.
Other nearby listed buildings