This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.9228 / 51°55'22"N
Longitude: -3.3462 / 3°20'46"W
OS Eastings: 307519
OS Northings: 225775
OS Grid: SO075257
Mapcode National: GBR YR.P0LV
Mapcode Global: VH6BZ.YXCV
Entry Name: Churchyard Cross at Church of St Brynach
Listing Date: 28 July 2005
Last Amended: 28 July 2005
Source ID: 84821
Building Class: Religious, Ritual and Funerary
Location: Situated in the churchyard at Llanfrynach just S of the church.
Traditional County: Brecknockshire
Churchyard cross, 1910, a copy of one at Merthyr Mawr, Glam., erected to William de Winton of Ty Mawr (1823-1907), H. L. Frances de Winton, his wife, died 1862, and Mary J. E. de Winton died 1909.
Churchyard cross, carved grey stone. Three steps, the top step curved forward on S. Square base with deep-chamfered top, inscribed on N and S 'Mary was that mother mild ...' and 'O God the Son Redeemer ..' . Cross has slim octagonal shaft with concave diagonal faces, narrowed at top to an octagonal capital under a finely carved cross with Crucified Christ on S side and Virgin and Child on the N.
Included for its special interest as a well-carved churchyard cross, of group value with the parish church.
Other nearby listed buildings