This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.6747 / 51°40'28"N
Longitude: -4.9105 / 4°54'37"W
OS Eastings: 198857
OS Northings: 201332
OS Grid: SM988013
Mapcode National: GBR G8.WGPN
Mapcode Global: VH1S6.T5WJ
Entry Name: Railings to 93 Main Street,,,,,,
Listing Date: 29 July 2005
Last Amended: 29 July 2005
Source ID: 84987
Community: Pembroke (Penfro)
Built-Up Area: Pembroke
Traditional County: Pembrokeshire
Early C19 house with c1907 shopfront, the side-wall incorporating substantial side-wall of a medieval house, this probably occupying the plot to the W. Possibly the plot owned by Miss Catherine Humphreys marked to W of lot 25 on the 1857 Orielton estate sale map. Said to have been a cobblers shop in 1880s, Davies Cycle Shop by 1907. Old photographs show the house without the shopfront.
End-terrace house and shop, painted stucco with slate roofs. Three-storeys, three-window range. Brick dentilled eaves. Upper floors have C20 windows imitating 4-pane sashes, ground floor has three-panel house door with overlight to extreme right and large later C19 projecting shop-front to left, the fascia continued over house door and supported on trellised panel at right of door. Shop-front has recessed half-glazed centre door and overlight, thin columns at angles of canted shop-windows with plate-glass panes, narrow side panes canted in to door.
Lower rear wing with on W wall the marks of a medieval building. Small opening with segmental pointed head and surround splayed outward to left, then two large pointed arches and against gable end of main house a former gable end with marks of chimney and the corbels of a first floor hooded fireplace. Two skylights and C20 dormer on W side.
Ground floor shop, upper floors not inspected.
Included primarily as an earlier C19 building with good Edwardian (c1907) shop-front and substantial remains of a medieval building on W end wall.
Other nearby listed buildings