This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.94 / 52°56'23"N
Longitude: -4.1408 / 4°8'27"W
OS Eastings: 256229
OS Northings: 340208
OS Grid: SH562402
Mapcode National: GBR 5P.LW1K
Mapcode Global: WH55L.CCDH
Entry Name: ,17 Sgwar y Farchnad (High Street),Tremadog,,
Listing Date: 30 March 1951
Last Amended: 26 September 2005
Source ID: 85319
Location: One of a pair of houses fronting the street to the E of Market Square.
Traditional County: Caernarfonshire
Tremadog was the creation of William Madocks (1773-1828), the first phase of which was built in the first decade of the C19 century. Nos 15-17 High Street were built in the mid C19 and are shown on the 1871 Tremadog estate plan and 1888 Ordnance Survey.
Belongs to a group of 15-17 High Street, Tremadog.
A pair of 2-storey double-fronted houses, of large blocks of local quarried stone laid in regular courses, renewed slate roof with added skylights, and stone stacks to the centre and L. No 15 has a central half-glazed door and top-hung windows replaced in original openings. No 17 has a replacement half-glazed door and 2-pane sash windows in original openings. Both have a blind central window in the upper storey.
Listed as one of a pair of houses, notable for its distinctive use of local stone, retaining definite C19 regional character and for its contribution to the historical integrity of Tremadog.
Other nearby listed buildings