This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.9252 / 52°55'30"N
Longitude: -4.1316 / 4°7'53"W
OS Eastings: 256803
OS Northings: 338547
OS Grid: SH568385
Mapcode National: GBR 5P.MQW9
Mapcode Global: WH55L.HQTV
Entry Name: Fellowship House
Listing Date: 26 September 2005
Last Amended: 26 September 2005
Source ID: 85322
Location: In a block of buildings near the N end of Lombard Street, opposite St Davids Buildings.
Built-Up Area: Porthmadog
Traditional County: Caernarfonshire
Built in the mid C19 and first shown on the 1871 Tremadog estate plan and 1888 Ordnance Survey.
A 2-window house of 2½ storeys and basement, of large blocks of squared slate-stone laid in regular courses, under a slate roof with added skylight, stone stack to the L and shared roughcast stack to the R. The entrance, on the L side, is above street level and is reached up stone steps. It has a half-glazed panel door and overlight. In the lower storey is a canted bay window with 4-pane sash, flanking which are replacement basement windows. In the upper storey are 4-pane hornless sash windows offset to the R of centre.
In the rear elevation is a lower 2-storey wing and an added continuous dormer under a flat roof.
Listed for its special architectural interest as a town house notable for its distinctive use of local stone and retaining definite C19 regional character, and forming a strong visual group with the adjoining No 20-21.
Other nearby listed buildings