This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.9402 / 52°56'24"N
Longitude: -4.145 / 4°8'42"W
OS Eastings: 255948
OS Northings: 340241
OS Grid: SH559402
Mapcode National: GBR 5P.LTV0
Mapcode Global: WH55L.9CFB
Entry Name: ,21 Y Graig (Sunnyside),Tremadog,,
Listing Date: 1 April 1974
Last Amended: 26 September 2005
Source ID: 85328
Location: At the W end of a short terrace of 5 houses at the NW end of Sunnyside, approximately 300m NW of Tremadog centre.
Traditional County: Caernarfonshire
Tremadog was the creation of William Madocks (1773-1828), the first phase of which was built in the first decade of the C19 century. Nos 9-10, 19-21 Sunnyside began in the mid C19 as a row of 4 houses to which a 5th (No 21) was added later. The entire row is shown on the 1871 Tremadog estate plan and 1888 Ordnance Survey.
Belongs to a group of 9-10, 19-21 Y Graig (Sunnyside), Tremadog.
A terrace of five 2-storey houses of local stone, roughly coursed and squared to No 9, and elsewhere, random rubble with larger quoins. Stone lintels, slate roof and 6 stone stacks. No 21 was a later addition to the row, and is single-fronted with windows and door, to the R, replaced in original openings. The L gable end is painted black. Behind is a lean-to. A vertical joint separates Nos 20 and 21. Nos 20, 19 and 10 are single-fronted with entrances on the R. No 20 is the best preserved and has a boarded door and overlight, and 4-pane hornless sash windows. Nos 19 and 9 have doors and windows replaced in the late C20 in original openings. No 9 is double-fronted with door and windows replaced in original openings. It has a flat-roof rear wing.
Listed, notwithstanding window alteration, as part of an important group of mid C19 industrial workers' housing at Sunnyside, This terrace has well-preserved C19 character with good use of local stone. Contributes to the historical integrity of Tremadog.
Other nearby listed buildings