This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.9394 / 52°56'21"N
Longitude: -4.1423 / 4°8'32"W
OS Eastings: 256129
OS Northings: 340147
OS Grid: SH561401
Mapcode National: GBR 5P.LVMV
Mapcode Global: WH55L.BCQY
Entry Name: Heddfa
Listing Date: 1 April 1974
Last Amended: 26 September 2005
Source ID: 85385
Location: A terraced house fronting the street to the W of Market Square.
Traditional County: Caernarfonshire
9-25 Dublin Street were built in the first decade of the C19 and are probably the houses referred to by Madocks as 'Pentre Gwaelod' or 'Bottom Village', before the new town of Tremadog was laid out. They are shown on the 1842 Tithe map.
Belongs to a group of 9-25 Dublin Street, Tremadog.
A terrace of 1½-storey cottages of roughly coursed and squared quarried stone, with boulder footings to Nos 9 and 11, slate roof and 5 stone stacks. All have raked half dormers. No 9 is a 2-window house with half-glazed door to the L. Windows are replacements in original openings. Nos 11-25 are single-fronted in reflected pairs, mostly with C20 replacement doors and windows, some of which are enlarged while others are in original openings. No 11 has a small-pane horizontal-sliding sash window to its dormer. Between Nos 13 and 15 is a blocked lower doorway. No 25 has a 2-window addition on its R side with skylight, and then a single-storey addition (Yr Efail) with modern detail.
The rear of the terrace has extensive alteration and addition, with modern detail. No 9 has a 2-storey wing, Nos 11 and 13 outshuts, Nos 15 and 17 2-storey wings, Nos 19 and 21 have 2-storey flat-roofed extensions, No 23 has an outshut and No 25 has a 2-storey wing.
Listed, notwithstanding superficial alterations, as part of a row of early C19 cottages - amongst the earliest in the area - and retaining a vernacular character which distinguishes them from the other houses of the planned town. The cottages retain their original form and C19 character, use local stone, and contribute to the historical integrity of the planned town.
Other nearby listed buildings