This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.9407 / 52°56'26"N
Longitude: -4.1391 / 4°8'20"W
OS Eastings: 256348
OS Northings: 340290
OS Grid: SH563402
Mapcode National: GBR 5P.LWHH
Mapcode Global: WH55L.DB7X
Entry Name: Y Bwthyn
Listing Date: 1 April 1974
Last Amended: 26 September 2005
Source ID: 85410
Location: In a short row of terraced houses set back from the road, approximately 450m W of Tremadog centre.
Traditional County: Caernarfonshire
Factory Place was built in the early C19 to house workmen and women at the adjoining woollen manufactory, which opened in 1806. The houses are shown on the 1842 Tithe map.
A double-fronted 1½-storey house, pebble-dashed over stone, with slate roof and stack to the R. Replacement windows, including raked half dormers, are in smooth-rendered surrounds. The central entrance has a lean-to porch with half-glazed door. Set forward on the L side is a 2-window extension under a slate roof with L end stack and doorway in the gable end. The rear of the extension is splayed, where the house backs on to the road. The rear of the main house has an added half dormer.
Listed, notwithstanding some alteration, for its special interest as one of a row of houses associated with and contributing to the historical integrity of the Tremadog Manufactory, and for its contribution to the overall historical integrity of Tremadog.
Other nearby listed buildings