This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.9567 / 52°57'24"N
Longitude: -2.7799 / 2°46'47"W
OS Eastings: 347704
OS Northings: 340213
OS Grid: SJ477402
Mapcode National: GBR 7G.KP8Q
Mapcode Global: WH89G.8YH5
Entry Name: Crabmill
Listing Date: 20 October 2005
Last Amended: 20 October 2005
Source ID: 85452
Location: On the N side of a minor road W of Mill Lane, approximately 1.2km NW of Bronington village centre.
Traditional County: Flintshire
A mid-late C18 house shown on the 1839 Tithe map. It was part of the Bronington estate sold by Lord Kenyon of Gredington in 1913. At that time it was described as comprising a parlour, houseplace, press house, dairy and milk house in the lower storey. Above were 4 bedrooms, and a cheese room with separate staircase.
A 2-storey 2-window house of hand-moulded brick with plat band, slate roof and rebuilt brick end stacks. Openings have segmental heads. The entrance is offset to the L and has a boarded door under a bracketed gabled canopy. Above it is a diamond-shaped freestone blind (or weathered) tablet. Windows are 3-light casements in original openings.
In the R gable end are 2 replacement windows in earlier openings, and an inserted half-glazed boarded door to the R. A small casement window is upper R. A 1-storey rear wing has a lean-to on the R side of the house.
Listed for its special architectural interest as a well-preserved brick house retaining definite early character.
Other nearby listed buildings