History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Former stable and coach house at Green Dragon Farm

A Grade II Listed Building in Bronington, Wrexham

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.9434 / 52°56'36"N

Longitude: -2.7728 / 2°46'22"W

OS Eastings: 348163

OS Northings: 338725

OS Grid: SJ481387

Mapcode National: GBR 7G.LQYR

Mapcode Global: WH89N.C8VV

Entry Name: Former stable and coach house at Green Dragon Farm

Listing Date: 20 October 2005

Last Amended: 20 October 2005

Grade: II

Source: Cadw

Source ID: 85458

Location: On the SW side of the house.

County: Wrexham

Community: Bronington

Community: Bronington

Traditional County: Flintshire

Find accommodation in
Hanmer

History

An early C19 stable and coach house to the Green Dragon public house, shown on the 1839 Tithe map and 1873 Ordnance Survey.

Exterior

An outbuilding of brick with old slate roof. At the L end is a split boarded stable door, R of which is a window with wooden vents over 2 panes. Further R are double boarded doors with strap hinges, and a similar opening further R obscured by vegetation.

Reasons for Listing

Listed for its special interest as a forming coach house and stable retaining early character, and forming a strong group with the house.

Other nearby listed buildings

  • II Green Dragon Farmhouse
    Prominently sited set back on the W side of the road approximately 1km SW of Bronington church.
  • II Maesllwyn House
    Bronington
  • II The Vicarage, including attached garden wall
    On the NW side of the parish church.
  • II Church of the Holy Trinity
    An isolated church to the SE of the village, reached by a short drive on the S side of the A495.
  • II Moss Villa
    Just beyond the S end of Chapel Lane, on the S side of a private track and on the edge of Maelor Forest, approximately 1.7km SSW of the parish church.
  • II Bronington war memorial
    To the E of the village at the entrance to the drive to Bronington church.
  • II New Hall Farmhouse
    On the W side of New Hall Lane approximately approximately 350m N of the main road junction at Bronington village.
  • II Crabmill
    On the N side of a minor road W of Mill Lane, approximately 1.2km NW of Bronington village centre.

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.