This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.9435 / 52°56'36"N
Longitude: -2.7727 / 2°46'21"W
OS Eastings: 348174
OS Northings: 338733
OS Grid: SJ481387
Mapcode National: GBR 7G.LR03
Mapcode Global: WH89N.C8XT
Entry Name: Green Dragon Farmhouse
Listing Date: 20 October 2005
Last Amended: 20 October 2005
Source ID: 85463
Location: Prominently sited set back on the W side of the road approximately 1km SW of Bronington church.
Traditional County: Flintshire
An early C19 public house shown on the 1839 Tithe map and 1873 Ordnance Survey. Now a farmhouse.
A 2-storey 3-window brick farmhouse with renewed slate roof and 3 brick stacks. The asymmetrical front is divided into a single-fronted unit on the L side and double-fronted unit occupying the centre and R. Windows are 3-light casements with sills, probably replacements in original openings, under segmental heads in the lower storey and beneath the eaves in the upper storey. The central window is slightly offset to the L of centre, and to its R is the offset entrance to the larger unit. This and the entrance to the L-hand unit both have boarded doors under gabled canopies.
A narrower and lower parallel rear wing has replacement windows.
Listed for its special architectural interest as a prominent former roadside public house retaining definite C19 character, forming a strong group with the stable and coach house.
Other nearby listed buildings