This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.9734 / 52°58'24"N
Longitude: -2.7386 / 2°44'19"W
OS Eastings: 350495
OS Northings: 342037
OS Grid: SJ504420
Mapcode National: GBR 7J.JM8F
Mapcode Global: WH89G.XJ2D
Entry Name: Kennels at Iscoyd Park
Listing Date: 20 October 2005
Last Amended: 20 October 2005
Source ID: 85469
Location: In the yard behind the main stable and coach house block to the E of the house.
Traditional County: Flintshire
Iscoyd Park was built in the early C18 and was extended by William Hanmer in 1747. From 1780 it was owned by Rev Richard Congreve (d 1782) and his descendants, who sold it to Philip Lake Godsal in 1843. The kennels were built in the mid C19 in an existing stable yard, and are shown on the 1873 Ordnance Survey.
Kennel of brick with slate roof on overhanging eaves, and behind coped gables on moulded kneelers. It has 3 doorways, 2 of which retain boarded doors, and to the L of each is a window with lying panes. In the L gable end is a loft opening, and a wood-bracketed ledge to an ogee-headed pigeon hole. In the R gable end is a diamond-pattern breather.
The kennels open to pens, comprising dwarf brick walls and wrought-iron railings.
Listed for its special interest as a well-preserved C19 kennels of definite character, and for its contribution to the historical integrity of the house and its outbuildings.
Other nearby listed buildings