This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.9733 / 52°58'23"N
Longitude: -2.7386 / 2°44'19"W
OS Eastings: 350495
OS Northings: 342024
OS Grid: SJ504420
Mapcode National: GBR 7J.JM8G
Mapcode Global: WH89G.XJ2G
Entry Name: Stable at Iscoyd Park
Listing Date: 20 October 2005
Last Amended: 20 October 2005
Source ID: 85498
Location: In the yard behind the main stable and coach house block to the E of the house.
Traditional County: Flintshire
Iscoyd Park was built in the early C18 and was extended by William Hanmer in 1747. From 1780 it was owned by Rev Richard Congreve (d 1782) and his descendants, who sold it to Philip Lake Godsal in 1843. The stable, built behind an C18 stable and coach house block, was built in the late C19 and is shown on the 1911 Ordnance Survey.
A lofted stable of brick with tile roof. Facing SE it has 4 segmental-headed split boarded doors, and a small-pane iron-frame window L of the R-end doorway. The R gable end has a boarded sliding door on the L side and segmental boarded door on the R. There are 2 loft openings. The rear has a boarded door to the R, and attached brick wall of a former small yard.
Listed for its special interest as a well-preserved C19 stable retaining original character, and for its contribution to the historical integrity of the house and its outbuildings.
Other nearby listed buildings