This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.8227 / 51°49'21"N
Longitude: -3.0219 / 3°1'18"W
OS Eastings: 329665
OS Northings: 214277
OS Grid: SO296142
Mapcode National: GBR F5.W921
Mapcode Global: VH796.KGT2
Entry Name: Entrance Gates and Screen Fence at Trinity Almshouses
Listing Date: 10 November 2005
Last Amended: 10 November 2005
Source ID: 86898
Location: Next to the Church of the HolyTrinity in a close-knit group.
Community: Abergavenny (Y Fenni)
Built-Up Area: Abergavenny
Traditional County: Monmouthshire
Probably contemporary with the extension to Holy Trinity Church in 1886.
Coursed squared rock faced red sandstone and wrought iron. Dwarf walls capped by flat coping stones, wrought iron spear head railings. Square gatepiers with pyramid caps. Double iron gates with spear heads.
Included for its special interest as the entrance to an early Victorian vicarage of definite character designed by T H Wyatt which, together with the Almshouses and the Church, forms a coherently designed group.
Other nearby listed buildings