This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.9512 / 52°57'4"N
Longitude: -2.8123 / 2°48'44"W
OS Eastings: 345519
OS Northings: 339619
OS Grid: SJ455396
Mapcode National: GBR 7F.L1CM
Mapcode Global: WH89M.R2ZW
Entry Name: Chadwell and Hanmer Village Stores
Listing Date: 15 November 2005
Last Amended: 15 November 2005
Source ID: 86933
Location: On the E side of the main road through the village just N of the main road junction in the village, 130m SE of the parish church.
Traditional County: Flintshire
Mid C19 but in 2 phases, and shown as the post office on the 1873 Ordnance Survey.
A 2-storey 5-window range of brick with slate roof and 3 rebuilt brick stacks. It comprises the earlier 2-window house on the L, the original central entrance of which is blocked, and the later house and shop occupying the centre and R. The shop is R of centre. It has half-glazed panel doors with margin lights, under a margin-glazed overlight. Replacement plain shop windows are framed by panelled pilasters and cornice. The house entrance is offset to the L of centre, a panelled door with 4-pane overlight in a panelled doorcase. To its L the earlier section has 3-light casements in both storeys, under segmental heads and smaller in the upper storey. In the later section is a 3-light casement window to the R end in the lower storey. The upper storey above the shop has a 2-light and two 3-light casement windows. Between shop window and house is a cast iron George VI letter box by Allen & Co of London.
In the R gable end are inserted door and windows. Behind is a parallel rear wing.
Listed as a well-preserved C19 village house and shop of definite character that contributes to the overall historical integrity of the village.
Other nearby listed buildings