This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.9261 / 52°55'33"N
Longitude: -2.8169 / 2°49'0"W
OS Eastings: 345180
OS Northings: 336829
OS Grid: SJ451368
Mapcode National: GBR 7F.ML8C
Mapcode Global: WH89M.PQT5
Entry Name: Little Hall Farmhouse
Listing Date: 18 November 2005
Last Amended: 18 November 2005
Source ID: 86963
Location: Approximately 1.3km NW of Bettisfield church, reached by farm road on the NW side of the A495.
Community: Maelor South (De Maelor)
Community: Maelor South
Traditional County: Flintshire
A late C18 or early C19 farmhouse shown on the 1839 Tithe map.
A late-Georgian 2-storey farmhouse, near square in plan, of hand-moulded brick and hipped slate roof projecting over a dentilled eaves band. The roof has a central valley and double-hip to the rear elevation, and 3 brick stacks.
The symmetrical 3-bay front has a central doorway, with replacement half-glazed door, original 3-pane overlight, and under a rebuilt brick head. Windows are replacements in original camber-headed openings, and have 2-light small-pane casements. In the 4-window R-hand side wall the L-hand windows are blind. Other windows are replacement 2-light and 3-light windows in original camber-headed openings.
Left-hand return range has 2 inserted doors, of which the centre-R may originally have been a window. In the lower storey are two 2-light windows in original openings and a 3-light window (possibly inserted) to the L, while the upper storey has three 2-light windows, all replaced in original camber-headed openings. The rear has an inserted central round-headed doorway, flanked by windows converted from former doorways. A blocked window is above the door.
Listed as an early C19 estate farmhouse of definite architectural character..
Other nearby listed buildings