This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.9708 / 52°58'15"N
Longitude: -2.8855 / 2°53'7"W
OS Eastings: 340631
OS Northings: 341864
OS Grid: SJ406418
Mapcode National: GBR 7B.JTVC
Mapcode Global: WH89D.NL5B
Entry Name: Multi-purpose farm building at Rhyd-y-cyffin Farm
Listing Date: 18 November 2005
Last Amended: 18 November 2005
Source ID: 86967
Location: On the NW side of the farmhouse.
Community: Maelor South (De Maelor)
Community: Maelor South
Traditional County: Flintshire
A multi-purpose farm building built by the Gredington estate in the final quarter of the C19 and first shown on the 1900 Ordnance Survey.
An L-shaped farm range of brick with slate roof on dentil eaves. The lofted stable, cart house and granary range has attached pigsties to the R gable end, and lower shippon at R angles to the L end. The cart shed has 2 basket arches, L of which is a steel-framed hopper window and stable doorway (door and part of the jamb missing) under a basket arch. The 3 lean-to pigsties have round-headed openings to walled pens, although without gates. Above them the gable end of the main range has a segmental-headed small-pane iron-frame window to the granary, with diamond-pattern breather beneath the apex. The shippon has original doors under depressed heads, but later inserted steel-framed windows under concrete lintels. They comprise a window at the R end, then a split door, window, another window in a former doorway, split door and window at the end. The rear (obscured by a hay store), has segmental-headed boarded openings and wood vents, and central door to the byng.
Listed as a well-preserved later C19 farm building retaining good original estate character, and forming a strong farm group with the house.
Other nearby listed buildings