This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.7993 / 51°47'57"N
Longitude: -4.9759 / 4°58'33"W
OS Eastings: 194900
OS Northings: 215371
OS Grid: SM949153
Mapcode National: GBR CK.XY46
Mapcode Global: VH1RL.P1SH
Entry Name: No 31 Perrot's Terrace
Listing Date: 1 July 1974
Last Amended: 30 November 2005
Source ID: 87030
Building Class: Domestic
Location: Situated at the upper end of Barn Street, Nos 31-37 are a row of four with similar eaves height.
Community: Haverfordwest (Hwlffordd)
Built-Up Area: Haverfordwest
Traditional County: Pembrokeshire
One of a row of twelve houses built as the Perrot Trust Almshouses from 1846 to 1866, for the trust set up in 1580 by the will of Sir John Perrot of Haroldston. The original design was by W. H. Lindsey, and the earliest houses were at the upper end. The houses are to a simple gabled Tudor design, and are unusually large for almshouses of the time. The earlier ones, Nos 23-35 are taller and have stone voussoirs to the windows where the later ones 15-21 have brick.
Terraced house, rubble stone, with deep-eaved slate roofs and renewed brick end stacks. Two storeys, double-fronted with central doorways between gabled outer bays, the windows in a slight full-height triangular-headed recess. Original windows have been replaced by modern 2-light casement windows with round headed panes in top lights. In 2005 the C20 windows were being replaced with 12-pane sashes and 9-pane upper sashes. Stone voussoirs to flat heads, painted slate sills, and stone hoodmoulds over the ground floor openings. Renewed boarded door with overlight.
Included for its special historic interest as part of a row of mid C19 almshouses of unusual scale.
Other nearby listed buildings