The Old Quay
A Grade II Listed Building in Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building.
In some locations, Street View may not
give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.8002 / 51°48'0"N
Longitude: -4.9666 / 4°57'59"W
OS Eastings: 195550
OS Northings: 215450
OS Grid: SM955154
Mapcode National: GBR CL.XSW3
Mapcode Global: VH1RL.V0RS
Entry Name: The Old Quay
Listing Date: 30 November 2005
Last Amended: 30 November 2005
Source ID: 87040
Building Class: Maritime
Location: On the W side of the river some 200m S of New Bridge.
Community: Haverfordwest (Hwlffordd)
Built-Up Area: Haverfordwest
Traditional County: Pembrokeshire
Quay of uncertain date, presumably medieval origins, said according to a plaque on the Old Wool Market to have been rebuilt in 1777 by John Argust. Marked as 'Great Key' on 1690 Peter Lea map.
Quay, squared rubble stone with large grey limestone coping stones, extending from a slipway at S end back to point midway between the Old Wool Market and modern footbridge to County Hall.
Reasons for Listing
Included for its special historic interest as as the historic quayside of the town.
Other nearby listed buildings
The Bristol Trader Inn
Situated backing onto Quay St, set back from the river.
No.24 (Joseph Rank Ltd.) & No.26 (Bristol Garage) Quay Street,,,,,dyfed,
Situated to S of the Bristol Trader Inn.
The Old Wool Market
Situated with gable ends to Quay Street and to the quay just N of the Bristol Trader inn.
The left half of double warehouse S of the Bristol Trader inn.
The Candle Stores
Situated on the quay just N of the Old Wool Market.
Warehouse occupied by Haverfordwest Agricultural Cooperative Society
The largest warehouse on the Old Quay facing E and the river.
Warehouse adjoining former Agricultural Co-op Warehouse
Situated attached to left end of largest warehouse on the quay.
No.7 Hermon's Hill,,,,,dyfed,
Situated at upper end of Hermon's Hill overlooking footpath to Quay Street.