This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.5639 / 52°33'50"N
Longitude: -3.1477 / 3°8'51"W
OS Eastings: 322302
OS Northings: 296851
OS Grid: SO223968
Mapcode National: GBR B0.CFQX
Mapcode Global: WH7B2.MTB9
Entry Name: Borrowdale
Listing Date: 30 March 1983
Last Amended: 16 December 2005
Source ID: 87228
Building Class: Domestic
Location: Situated attached to No 1 some 90m N of the Pound.
Community: Montgomery (Trefaldwyn)
Built-Up Area: Montgomery
Traditional County: Montgomeryshire
One of two semi-detached C18 cottages with timber-framed rear wing to No 1. Marked on 1833 map as owned by the Powis estate, and on 1839 Tithe map as occupied by Pryce Weaver. No 2 is double-fronted and faced in brick, No 1 is smaller, faced in stone. Set below road level with hooped iron railings along road and gate of similar design.
Cottage, painted brick with slate roof and red brick left end stack. One storey and attic, double-fronted. Rubble stone plinth. Cambered-headed 16-pane sash each side of cambered-headed doorway within late C20 big gabled enclosed porch. Two gabled dormers with eaves-breaking square 12-pane horned sashes and renewed boarding above and bargeboards. All windows have painted brick sills.
Included for its special historic interest as part of a pair of small C18 vernacular houses with good consistent detail.
Other nearby listed buildings