This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.5624 / 52°33'44"N
Longitude: -3.1481 / 3°8'53"W
OS Eastings: 322270
OS Northings: 296687
OS Grid: SO222966
Mapcode National: GBR B0.CMM2
Mapcode Global: WH7B2.MV3F
Entry Name: No 1 Chapel Place
Listing Date: 16 December 2005
Last Amended: 16 December 2005
Source ID: 87253
Building Class: Domestic
Location: Situated at left end of terraced row SW of former Wesleyan Chapel.
Community: Montgomery (Trefaldwyn)
Built-Up Area: Montgomery
Traditional County: Montgomeryshire
Later C19 house added to earlier Nos 2-3 Chapel Place, with straight joint and higher eaves and roof than No 2. John Powell, grocer and tailor occupied No 4, the first-built, and Chapel Place is said to have been built for the Powell family in the 1870s by a relative, Samuel Lloyd of Princes Street.
House, red brick, in garden-wall bond, with band of black brick, nogged brick eaves, slate roof and red brick left end stack, with two raised black brick bands. Two storeys, two bays with two cambered headed 9-pane horned sashes above, both with some black bricks in heads and stone sills, over, but not aligned with, a centre small renewed canted oriel window of 2-4-2 panes and a doorway. Doorway to extreme right has cambered head with some black bricks and 6-panel door. Left end wall is slate-hung with a window each floor and to attic all set to leftt. Rear wing beyond also slate-hung. Narrow W end has brick stack and first floor casement-pair.
Interior not inspected.
Included for its special interest as part of a well-preserved later C19 brick terrace retaining original detail.
Other nearby listed buildings