This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 53.2839 / 53°17'2"N
Longitude: -3.8323 / 3°49'56"W
OS Eastings: 277942
OS Northings: 377890
OS Grid: SH779778
Mapcode National: GBR 1ZPG.3J
Mapcode Global: WH654.3QCC
Entry Name: Conwy war memorial
Listing Date: 30 December 2005
Last Amended: 30 December 2005
Source ID: 87420
Location: To the SW of and part of the forecourt of Bodlondeb.
Traditional County: Caernarfonshire
Unveiled in 1921. It stood originally in Castle Square. It was later moved to the forecourt of Bodlondeb, occupying the position of a former sundial.
Simple granite obelisk memorial, rock-faced with margin drafting. It stands on a stepped plinth, the lower step of which is reconstituted stone (the plinth for the former sundial), the upper 2 steps with Welsh and English commemorative inscriptions on the N and W sides. Above the square base the obelisk, in 2 pieces, has relief roundels with borough seal near the bottom and Celtic cross near the pinnacle, and on the N side a bronze wreath.
Listed for its social-historical interest and as a relatively simple but well-detailed memorial.
Other nearby listed buildings