This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 53.2804 / 53°16'49"N
Longitude: -3.8297 / 3°49'46"W
OS Eastings: 278107
OS Northings: 377500
OS Grid: SH781775
Mapcode National: GBR 1ZPH.PS
Mapcode Global: WH654.4TM0
Entry Name: Ty Newydd
Listing Date: 8 October 1981
Last Amended: 5 May 2006
Source ID: 87465
Location: Fronting the street S of the lane to St Mary's churchyard.
Locality: Walled town
Built-Up Area: Conwy
Traditional County: Caernarfonshire
An C18 or early C19 house shown on the 1889 Ordnance Survey. Originally a single house but divided into 2 dwellings in the 3rd quarter of the C20.
Belongs to a group of Ty Newydd and No 5 Church Street.
A 2-storey 2-window former single house of rubble-stone walls with black-painted rendered plinth, architraves and upper-storey sill band, slate roof and end brick stacks. The central doorway has a recessed replacement half-glazed door and overlight. To its R is a 16-pane horned sash window. To its L is a half-glazed panel door to No 5, formerly a window. The upper storey has two 12-pane horned sash windows.
In the L gable end (No 5) are an inserted small-paned sash window to the R, similar window to the L under a stone lintel and 9-pane horned sash window upper L under a brick segmental head. A lower rear wing is an addition. Otherwise the rear has a blocked central doorway (now a window), and segmental 9-pane sash window upper L.
Listed with No 5 as an C18-C19 house retaining definite C19 character, and for its group value within the historical townscape.
Other nearby listed buildings