This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 53.3051 / 53°18'18"N
Longitude: -3.813 / 3°48'46"W
OS Eastings: 279290
OS Northings: 380220
OS Grid: SH792802
Mapcode National: GBR 1ZT6.9X
Mapcode Global: WH654.D6J1
Entry Name: Llanrhos Church Hall
Listing Date: 16 March 1976
Last Amended: 5 May 2006
Source ID: 87493
Building Class: Religious, Ritual and Funerary
Location: Set back from the road approximately 120m SW of Llanrhos church.
Traditional County: Caernarfonshire
A school opened in 1822, endowed by Miss Frances Mostyn of Bodysgallen. Originally a school with schoolmaster's house, according to Samuel Lewis it had 104 pupils in 1833, educated under the National system. The school closed in 1905. Now a church hall and house.
The school room has been altered internally. It has a late-C19 3-bay roof of king-post trusses with raking struts. It has a central rear lateral fireplace with later detail, and a boarded wainscot.
Listed for its special architectural interest as an early C19 estate schol retaining original character and detail.
Other nearby listed buildings