This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.3199 / 51°19'11"N
Longitude: -2.2078 / 2°12'28"W
OS Eastings: 385615
OS Northings: 157889
OS Grid: ST856578
Mapcode National: GBR 1ST.0NS
Mapcode Global: VH972.P25Z
Entry Name: Court House
Listing Date: 29 December 1950
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1021534
English Heritage Legacy ID: 313899
Location: Trowbridge, Wiltshire, BA14
Civil Parish: Trowbridge
Traditional County: Wiltshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Wiltshire
Church of England Parish: Trowbridge St James
Church of England Diocese: Salisbury
ST 5587 7/3 29.12.50.
Circa 1796. 3 storey and basement. Plum-coloured brick on stone plinth up to
ground floor cill level. Stone strings at 1st and 2nd floor cills levels. Stone
frieze, moulded cornice and blocking course with moulded coping. 3 sash windows
to upper floors, the central on 1st floor arched and in arched recess. Glazing
altered. 2 segmental-headed windows, 5 panes wide, with radiating and wreathed
glazing to heads, on ground floor, and 8-panel central door with heavily moulded
panels, segmental fanlight of curved and circular pattern, and narrow side lights
of diamond and rectangular pattern. The bottom panels of door have angle roundels.
2 basement windows. Verandah now removed as also fine wrought iron railings etc.
Nos 51 to 60 (consec) 60A and 61B form a group with No 62 (Castle House) and
Court House. No 51 is of local interest,
Listing NGR: ST8561557889
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings