History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Barn Immediately to the West of Bleach Farmhouse

A Grade II Listed Building in Wissett, Suffolk

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.3626 / 52°21'45"N

Longitude: 1.4846 / 1°29'4"E

OS Eastings: 637350

OS Northings: 279557

OS Grid: TM373795

Mapcode National: GBR XNF.XV7

Mapcode Global: VHM6W.PW75

Entry Name: Barn Immediately to the West of Bleach Farmhouse

Listing Date: 23 April 1986

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1032062

English Heritage Legacy ID: 282124

Location: Wissett, Waveney, Suffolk, IP19

County: Suffolk

District: Waveney

Civil Parish: Wissett

Traditional County: Suffolk

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Suffolk

Church of England Parish: Wissett St Andrew

Church of England Diocese: St.Edmundsbury and Ipswich

Find accommodation in
Halesworth

Listing Text


TM 37 NE WISSETT

5/50 Barn immediately to the
- west of Bleach Farmhouse

GV II

Barn. Dated inside on a beam 1772. Timber-framed on a high brick plinth,
part with timbers exposed outside and C20 brick infilling; part with old
render; weatherboarding on north gable. Roof of C20 corrugated aluminium.
The frame is in 4 bays, the northernmost having been storied from the outset
for a stable and hayloft; entry in the 2nd bay from the south. Bisected
studs; slightly curved primary braces; no middle rail. Trusses with straight
tie-beams and long arched braces, bolted. Roof in 4 bays, with a ridge-piece
and principal rafters set on edge; 2 rows of unstepped butt purlins, some of
triangular section. Above the entry on the west side the wallplate is painted
with red ochre and inscribed in white lettering 'Erected by Peter Spark and
John Crow, Town Reeves, 1772'. This refers to the Town Trust; of Alburgh, in
Norfolk, to which Bleach Farm belonged at the time.


Listing NGR: TM3735079557

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.