This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.3264 / 51°19'35"N
Longitude: -1.7967 / 1°47'48"W
OS Eastings: 414261
OS Northings: 158609
OS Grid: SU142586
Mapcode National: GBR 4Y4.W00
Mapcode Global: VHB4K.TX0K
Entry Name: Old Rectory
Listing Date: 4 June 1952
Last Amended: 3 June 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1033949
English Heritage Legacy ID: 311027
Location: Manningford, Wiltshire, SN9
Civil Parish: Manningford
Traditional County: Wiltshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Wiltshire
MANNINGFORD MANNINGFORD ABBOTS
SU 15 NW (west side)
(formerly listed as The
Rectory, now private house. 1812-1827 for Rev. Francis Astley,
incorporating fragments of timber framed building of c1636. Brick
with slate roofs. Two storeys, facade of 5 bays, the centre bay
with 2-storey bow containing entrance. Twelve-pane sashes with
finely gauged brick lintels. Dentilled cornice and parapet.
Return long facade on south side, 5 bays, extended by further 2
slightly set back. All sashes with dentilled cornice. Roofs
hipped. The earlier building had a 2-bay lobby entry plan.
Interior not seen. Panelled shutters to windows.
Listing NGR: SU1426158609
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings