This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.195 / 51°11'42"N
Longitude: -2.1484 / 2°8'54"W
OS Eastings: 389725
OS Northings: 143988
OS Grid: ST897439
Mapcode National: GBR 1VF.3MT
Mapcode Global: VH97P.Q727
Entry Name: Pump House with Boathouse in Grounds of Bishopstrow House
Listing Date: 11 November 1976
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1036340
English Heritage Legacy ID: 313233
Location: Bishopstrow, Wiltshire, BA12
Civil Parish: Bishopstrow
Traditional County: Wiltshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Wiltshire
Church of England Parish: Bishopstrow St Aldhelm
Church of England Diocese: Salisbury
BISHOPSTROW WARMINSTER ROAD
ST 84 SE
3/16 Pump House with boathouse in the
grounds of Bishopstrow House
Pump house with boat house to rear. Late C18. Square-panelled
timber framing with brick nogging, the north-west front plastered,
Welsh slate roof. Single-storey. Front facing garden has
round-arched ovolo-moulded wooden doorway with imposts anti
keystone, double wooden doors, either side are boarded-up windows
with square ovolo-moulded wooden architraves. Cornice with
pediment over. Returns and rear have exposed timber framing.
Narrow wet-dock in boathouse. On River Wylye in grounds of C17
Bishopstrow House demolished c.1800 and replaced by present
Bishopstrow House (q.v.) 1817, to north of Warminster Road; the
gardens linked to the latter by tunnel (q.v.) under road.
Listing NGR: ST8972543988
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings