This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.1874 / 52°11'14"N
Longitude: -0.8213 / 0°49'16"W
OS Eastings: 480674
OS Northings: 255005
OS Grid: SP806550
Mapcode National: GBR CY8.WNZ
Mapcode Global: VHDSD.Q84Z
Entry Name: 76, Main Road
Listing Date: 6 September 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1041556
English Heritage Legacy ID: 235517
Location: Hackleton, South Northamptonshire, Northamptonshire, NN7
District: South Northamptonshire
Civil Parish: Hackleton
Built-Up Area: Hackleton
Traditional County: Northamptonshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northamptonshire
Church of England Parish: Piddington with Horton
Church of England Diocese: Peterborough
HACKLETON MAIN ROAD
SP85NW (South side)
5/117 No. 76
House. Dated 1763, altered and extended C20. Coursed squared limestone, ridged
tile roof, brick end stacks. 3-unit plan. 2-storeys and attic; 3-window range.
Central 6-panel door with moulded and pedimented wood surround. C20 windows to
ground and 1st floors, replacing sashes, of 12 panes to ground floor, 9 panes to
1st floor, all with flat-arched stone heads and key blocks. Plinth, storey band,
quoins, bracketed wood eaves, 3 roof dormers and stone-coped gables with
kneelers. Single-storey C20 extension to rear. Rear elevation has 12-pane sashes
with spear stop-chamfered wood lintels, and central datestone below eaves,
inscribed 0/JS/1763. Stone inscribed BO to left gable wall, and corner stone to
rear right inscribed LO. Interior has chamfered spine beams and central dog-leg
staircase with slender turned balusters incorporating columns on bulbous feet.
Listing NGR: SP8067455005
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings