This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.6555 / 52°39'19"N
Longitude: 1.3207 / 1°19'14"E
OS Eastings: 624694
OS Northings: 311596
OS Grid: TG246115
Mapcode National: GBR WF7.VW
Mapcode Global: WHMTG.8J52
Entry Name: 88, 90, 92, Wroxham Road
Listing Date: 27 February 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1050878
English Heritage Legacy ID: 228132
Location: Sprowston, Broadland, Norfolk, NR7
Civil Parish: Sprowston
Traditional County: Norfolk
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Norfolk
Church of England Parish: Sprowston St Mary and St Margaret
Church of England Diocese: Norwich
TG 21 SW SPROWSTON WROXHAM ROAD
4/64 Nos 88, 90, 92
House, originally in one occupation as Sprowston Court, now divided into three.
c.1914 by Oswald P Milne for Mr Hartcup, in a literal Neo-Georgian style of
c.1714, following here Sir Reginald Blomfield whose pupil he was, rather than
contemporary Lutyens. Red brick with red and orange brick dressings, some black
headers, all specially made in Belgium. Black smut pantiled roofs. H-plan with
additional service wing to east. 2 storeys with attics. Entrance front with
5 bay centre and 2 bay wings brought forward to form half of H-plan. Centre with
4 arched headed ground floor and 5 first floor sashes with glazing bars. Central
bay slightly brought forward. Half column doorcase with open pediment with coat
of arms and swags, window above with rubbed brick apron with swags. Wooden
modillion eaves cornice, here arranged as segmental pediment. North wing with
2 ground and 2 first floor sashes with glazing bars, south wing with first floor
sashes with glazing bars, at ground floor single storey addition. Slightly
recessed roof, hipped on wings with single casement dormer, 3 on centre all with
hipped roofs and tiles. One main ridge and 2 subsidiary stacks to each of wings.
Garden front to south with 3 bay centre with doorcase and 2 three-sided canted
bowed bays with parapets, all windows sashes with glazing bars. Addition at
north end with 2 sashes. South front with 3 bay centre and 2 bay wings, corres-
ponding with entrance front. Service wing to east with on north face and addi-
tional brick porch and doorcase. See Who's Who in Architecture 1914 p.155;
Country Life 14 February 1928 pp. 215-217.
Listing NGR: TG2469411596
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings