This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 55.4035 / 55°24'12"N
Longitude: -1.6924 / 1°41'32"W
OS Eastings: 419579
OS Northings: 612220
OS Grid: NU195122
Mapcode National: GBR J5MY.DS
Mapcode Global: WHC1K.ZF8X
Entry Name: South Chapel at Alnwick Cemetery
Listing Date: 14 January 1994
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1052194
English Heritage Legacy ID: 361428
Location: Alnwick, Northumberland, NE66
Civil Parish: Alnwick
Traditional County: Northumberland
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northumberland
Church of England Parish: Alnwick
Church of England Diocese: Newcastle
The following building shall be added:-
NU 11 SE
South Chapel at
Cemetery chapel. 1856. Designed by F R Wilson and built by Armstrong and Hudspeth.
Rubble stone with ashlar dressings and slate roofs with coped gables and finials.
Chamfered plinth, angle buttresses, quoins and a moulded band. North front has, to the
left a projecting gabled porch with pointed arch doorway, to the right a pair of small
pointed arch windows, then 2 single similar windows. West gable front has a tall 2-light
pointed arch window with plate tracery and hood mould, and above a small quatrefoil.
To the right a small window and beyond a pointed arch doorway, above at the junction
a tall circular stone chimney stack. East gable front has a projecting single storey narthex,
with 4 small pointed arch windows and stone roofs, above a tall pointed arch window of
3-light with unusual plate tracery and a hood mould. Above on the gable a small bellcote.
Listing NGR: NU1958212220
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings