This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.5134 / 52°30'48"N
Longitude: -2.9804 / 2°58'49"W
OS Eastings: 333563
OS Northings: 291065
OS Grid: SO335910
Mapcode National: GBR B7.GLXD
Mapcode Global: VH75Y.9371
Entry Name: Church of the Holy Trinity
Listing Date: 21 March 1968
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1054512
English Heritage Legacy ID: 257079
Location: Lydham, Shropshire, SY9
Civil Parish: Lydham
Traditional County: Shropshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Shropshire
Church of England Parish: Lydham
Church of England Diocese: Hereford
SO 39 SW LYDHAM C.P. LYDHAM
2/164 Church of The Holy Trinity
Parish church. C13, restored in 1642, 1885, and 1891-2. Coursed and random
rubble with slate roofs. Nave, lower chancel, and south porch. Parapeted
gable end to east and gabled bellcote to west with twin arched openings.
Nave: south side: chamfered arched doorway to left with hoodmould and
6-panelled door; gabled porch with arched entrance and side benches within;
central cusped 2-light window with hoodmould and carved stops; cusped lancet
to right. North side: 2-light circa 1885 window in a C14 style with hoodmould
and uncarved stops. West end: cusped 2-light circa 1885 window with hoodmould
and uncarved stops; wall above thickened to support bellcote and forming
hood over window. Chancel: south side: 2 buttresses; one-light square
headed cusped window to left, and one-light square headed window to right
with cusped ogee tracery; 2 buttresses to north and later lean-to shed;
east end: 3-light C19 window with reticulated quatrefoil tracery and hoodmould
with uncarved stops. Interior: restored C15 three-bay nave roof with struts
from arch-braced collars, double purlins, and windbraces; probably C15 arch-
braced single framed chancel roof. Fittings include: cut down C17 box pews;
plain C17 octagonal wooden pulpit with gadrooned frieze; octagonal stone font
with chamfered stem on step; C17 panelling on east wall of chancel with some
arched panels, gadrooning, and guilloche ornament; hatchment on south wall of
chancel. Cranage, Part 5, Pp. 416-7; N.Pevsner, B.O.E. Shropshire, P.192;
Kelly's Directory 1913, P.145.
Listing NGR: SO3356391065
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings