This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.6548 / 51°39'17"N
Longitude: -0.9326 / 0°55'57"W
OS Eastings: 473934
OS Northings: 195652
OS Grid: SU739956
Mapcode National: GBR C3C.C01
Mapcode Global: VHDVV.SN9S
Entry Name: Vicar's Bottom Farmhouse
Listing Date: 3 April 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1059754
English Heritage Legacy ID: 248938
Location: Lewknor, South Oxfordshire, Oxfordshire, HP14
District: South Oxfordshire
Civil Parish: Lewknor
Traditional County: Oxfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire
Church of England Parish: Lewknor
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
5/92 Vicar's Bottom Farmhouse
Shown on Ordnance Survey map as Lower Vicar Farm.
Farmhouse. c.1730. Front of Flemish bond brick with flared headers: exposed
timber framing in left gable wall. Old tile roof; brick stacks. L-plan with rear
left wing. 2 storeys and attic; 3-window range. Segmental arches over C18 plank
door set in beaded architrave and with C20 porch, blocked door to right, and
late C19 two-light casements; C20 first-floor leaded casements. Gabled roof;
brick symmetrical end stacks, right external stack having flint rubble bread
oven. Rear outshut of flint rubble adjoins rear wing of 2-storey-and-attic,
2-window range; flint with brick dressings and gabled old tile roof; plank door
to right. Interior not inspected but likely to be of interest.
Listing NGR: SU7393495652
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings