History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

School and School-Master's House

A Grade II Listed Building in Billingborough, Lincolnshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.8962 / 52°53'46"N

Longitude: -0.3411 / 0°20'28"W

OS Eastings: 511689

OS Northings: 334484

OS Grid: TF116344

Mapcode National: GBR GTC.JKQ

Mapcode Global: WHGKT.QGRK

Entry Name: School and School-Master's House

Listing Date: 22 January 1987

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1062765

English Heritage Legacy ID: 194249

Location: Billingborough, South Kesteven, Lincolnshire, NG34

County: Lincolnshire

District: South Kesteven

Civil Parish: Billingborough

Built-Up Area: Billingborough

Traditional County: Lincolnshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire

Church of England Parish: Billingborough St Andrew

Church of England Diocese: Lincoln

Find accommodation in
Horbling

Listing Text

BILLINGBOROUGH VICTORIA STREET
TF 1034-11234
(west side)
4/35 School and School-
master's House
II

School and schoolmaster's house. 1876. Red brick and stock
brick. Slate roofs with decorative ridge tiles, stone coped
gables with kneelers, ornate stone and wrought iron finials,
decorative brick eaves and 5 tall lateral stacks with moulded,
decorative brick heads. 2 storey, 3 bay schoolmaster's house to
left with stock brick dressed plinth, stock brick quoins and
first floor band. Slightly projecting gable to right. Central
doorway with hood supported on single chamfered, broached column
and plank door. Rectangular bay window to right with decorated
eaves, a plain sash flanked by single, narrow plain sashes, and
all with triangular stock brick dressed heads. Window to right
with a plain sash flanked by single, narrow plain sashes with
triangular stock brick dressed heads. 3 plain sashes above, all
with stock brick dressed triangular heads. Stock brick oculus
above in gable. Single storey 5 bay school attached to right
with stock brick dressed plinth, stock brick quoins and 2 stock
brick bands. 3 gabled bays alternate with 2 narrow bays, the
central bay larger and projecting further forward. Central
window with 4 rectangular lights with transom, stock brick
quoins, 3 small stock brick arches above set in larger stock
brick pointed head containing stock brick round window with
radiating spokes. Window flanked by single narrow casements with
rectangular lintels. Foundation stone below inscribed with date
"1876". Outer bays each with single window of 3 rectangular
lights with stock brick quoins, 3 small stock brick pointed heads
above set in larger stock brick pointed head containing stock
brick round window with radiating spokes. Re-entrant bays each
with a single doorway with stock brick triangular head, overlight
and plank door. 2 gabled dormers to north with small, pointed
trefoil headed windows.


Listing NGR: TF1168934484

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.