This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.5893 / 51°35'21"N
Longitude: -0.0045 / 0°0'16"W
OS Eastings: 538335
OS Northings: 189711
OS Grid: TQ383897
Mapcode National: GBR KT.HK8
Mapcode Global: VHGQN.VBZ0
Entry Name: Old Butchers Shop Adjacent to Number 76
Listing Date: 16 July 1984
Last Amended: 24 February 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1065568
English Heritage Legacy ID: 206935
Location: Waltham Forest, London, E17
District: Waltham Forest
Electoral Ward/Division: Wood Street
Built-Up Area: Waltham Forest
Traditional County: Essex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater London
Church of England Parish: Walthamstow St Mary the Virgin
Church of England Diocese: Chelmsford
TQ 3889 WOOD STREET
5/3 (west side)
Old Butchers Shop adjacent to
16.7.84 No 76 (formerly listed as
No 76 [shop extension only])
Butchers shop. Probably late C18. Weatherboarded with pitched pantiled roof to
eaves. Single storey. Shop front to right hand side; roof continued to form
overhanging canopy above, with timber post supports bearing iron hooks for hanging
meat. Tiled stall-riser, plate glass window; entrance to right. To left hand side a
meat store with entrance to centre of building and slatted screen for ventilation.
Painted fascia board on roof "C Jones Family Butchers Estd 1750". A rare survival.
Listing NGR: TQ3833589711
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings