This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.838 / 53°50'16"N
Longitude: -2.936 / 2°56'9"W
OS Eastings: 338504
OS Northings: 438372
OS Grid: SD385383
Mapcode National: GBR 7SY1.5Y
Mapcode Global: WH853.WS2M
Entry Name: Church of St Anne
Listing Date: 11 June 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1072038
English Heritage Legacy ID: 183633
Location: Singleton, Fylde, Lancashire, FY6
Civil Parish: Singleton
Traditional County: Lancashire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lancashire
Church of England Parish: Singleton St Anne
Church of England Diocese: Blackburn
SINGLETON CHURCH ROAD
SD 33 NE
4/63 Church of St. Anne
Church, 1861 by E.G. Paley for Thomas Miller of Singleton Lodge. Sandstone
rubble, slate roof. Nave with north-east steeple, south transept, chancel;
in Early English style. Three-stage tower has angle buttresses to the
lower stages, set-back 3rd stage with 2-light belfry louvres, broach spire
with small 2-light lucarnes. Nave and chancel have mostly plate-traceried
2-light windows, nave has tripartite west window with 2-light traceried
centre, chancel has 3-light traceried east window with wheel tracery in the
head. Interior: scissor-braced common rafter roof with collar purlin, and
painted wagon roof to chancel; depressed 2-centred transept arches, moulded
chancel arch with shafts; various memorials to members of the Miller
family, notably a decorated engraved brass plaque to Thomas Miller
(d.1865) with portrait in a roundel above a classical arch panel.
(Thomas Miller was principal proprietor of Preston cotton firm Horrocks,
Miller and Company).
Listing NGR: SD3850438372
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.