This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.6335 / 52°38'0"N
Longitude: -1.1315 / 1°7'53"W
OS Eastings: 458875
OS Northings: 304321
OS Grid: SK588043
Mapcode National: GBR FHK.5V
Mapcode Global: WHDJJ.L2DG
Entry Name: Alliance House
Listing Date: 14 March 1975
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1074060
English Heritage Legacy ID: 188580
Location: Leicester, LE1
County: City of Leicester
Electoral Ward/Division: Castle
Built-Up Area: Leicester
Traditional County: Leicestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Leicestershire
Church of England Parish: Leicester Holy Trinity with St John the Divine
Church of England Diocese: Leicester
This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 10/05/2018
SK 5804 SE
No 6 (Alliance House)
1885-1888. Architect E. Burgess. Former Liberal Club. Red brick and ashlar dressings. Six window bays. Ground floor completely altered, plate glass, polished granite and large fascia. Above bays divided by brick pilasters supporting entablature over first and second floors, stone mullion/transom windows in moulded architraves. First floor right recessed three-bay arcaded balcony feature with splayed bay window at centre and balustrade. Steep-pitched tiled roof with two pyramid-shaped sections, with finials, partly concealed by round-arched pilastered features rising from second floor parapet. Included for group value.
All the listed buildings in Bishop Street together with The Town Hall, Fountain and War Memorial, Town Hall Square, 7-9, Every Street and Nos 6-8, The Royal Hotel, Nos 17, 19 and 21 Horsefair Street form a group around Town Hall Square.
Listing NGR: SK5887504321
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings