This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.4875 / 53°29'15"N
Longitude: -0.5337 / 0°32'1"W
OS Eastings: 497388
OS Northings: 399981
OS Grid: SK973999
Mapcode National: GBR SXQ3.7J
Mapcode Global: WHGGT.SL1R
Entry Name: The Old School
Listing Date: 6 January 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1083713
English Heritage Legacy ID: 166031
Location: Redbourne, North Lincolnshire, DN21
County: North Lincolnshire
Civil Parish: Redbourne
Built-Up Area: Redbourne
Traditional County: Lincolnshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire
Church of England Parish: Scawby and Redbourne
Church of England Diocese: Lincoln
SK 9699-9799 REDBOURNE SCHOOL LANE
22/70 The Old School
School and school-house, now house. 1840 for Duke of St Albans Estate, with
alterations and additions dated on tablet to 1891. Restored and converted
to house c1980. Dressed limestone with limestone ashlar dressings and
stack. Slate roof. Main range L-shaped on plan: 2-room school-house with
classroom wing at right angles and outshut entrance porch in angle; L-shaped
outhouse range to rear. East front: 2-storey single-bay gabled school-house
section with single-storey 2-bay classroom and entrance porch set back to
right; single-storey outhouses, with 3 openings to left and 2-window section
projecting forward at right angles. Chamfered plinth. Quoins throughout.
Porch has step to panelled door in 4-centred wave-moulded arch beneath
square-headed hood-mould. Classroom to right has 4-light ashlar chamfered-
mullion window. To left: small casement to porch, small raking dormer
above; single ground-floor 3-light and first-floor 2-light mullioned window
to school-house. All mullioned windows have glazing bars, chamfered reveals
and hood-moulds. Coped gable with shaped kneelers and finials. Axial stack
to school-house with moulded band, cluster of 4 square shafts and cornice.
Outhouse range (now part of house) has C20 glazed door, original board doors
and casements in ashlar surrounds. Classroom wing has pointed 3-light
mullion and transom window to. C20 rebuilt right gable-end and two 3-light
mullioned windows to rear. School-house has 2-light and 3-light mullioned
windows and C20 wooden canted bay window to rear.
Listing NGR: SK9738899981
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings