This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.8837 / 53°53'1"N
Longitude: -0.8017 / 0°48'6"W
OS Eastings: 478864
OS Northings: 443722
OS Grid: SE788437
Mapcode National: GBR QRVJ.7J
Mapcode Global: WHFCM.NNF1
Entry Name: Church of St Giles
Listing Date: 26 January 1967
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1084123
English Heritage Legacy ID: 167018
Location: Bielby, East Riding of Yorkshire, YO42
County: East Riding of Yorkshire
Civil Parish: Bielby
Built-Up Area: Bielby
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): East Riding of Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Everingham
Church of England Diocese: York
BIELBY GALE CARR LANE
SE 74 SE
5/1 Church of Saint Giles
Church. Late C12; east and south walls and roof rebuilt 1792 re-using some
old materials. Stone, rendered and colourwashed; slate roofs, with slate
hanging to bellcote. 5-bay continuous nave and chancel with west bellcote.
Bellcote: square louvred openings under pyramidal roof. Nave and chancel:
buttress with offsets to west. Two round-headed chamfered windows
incorporating C12 beakheads as keystones. North wall has lancet to west, 3-
light pointed window with Perpendicular tracery to east. Round-headed east
window under recessed beaded hoodmould with keystone. Round-headed west
door rebuilt c1792 incorporating C12 chevron and beakhead ornament.
Interior: fluted stoup to west wall, close to north jamb of door.
Cylindrical respond to west end of former C12 north aisle visible:
remainder, which are painted, hidden behind plaster c1965. C19 octagonal
font on column and base. Complete and unaltered set of early C19 box pews
Listing NGR: SE7886443722
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings